Today I had a great meeting with Melanie from Capture IT Sydney. We are working together to improve our businesses. Over tea and Anzac biscuits we brainstormed, bounced ideas off each other and provided feedback. So great to talk to like-minded fellows and have someone to talk to about the business other than a toddler.
One of the things that came out of it was that I should begin to blog. Now I love (lurrrve) reading other people’s blogs. There are so many clever and creative people out there. So I’ll give it a shot.Anzac Biscuits (from taste.com.au)
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (85g) Ward McKenzie desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup (155g) brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.
- Put the butter, golden syrup and 2 tbs water in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on the trays, about 5cm apart.
- Press with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack so it cools completely.