Friday 9 September 2011

Superhero Capes

So, my fabric stash was getting out of control. WAY out of control. So I sucked it up and attacked the laundry cupboard where they are stored. The result:

 That's just half of it.
I never took a before shot - it was too embarrassing.
As a consequence of the fabric stocktake I have discovered I literally have no more room to store fabric and I had better start sewing things. Master 3 has been requesting a superhero cape and Miss 5 wants one too. So that is the first cab off the rank.

A quick google later and I found this fab tutorial at The Long Thread. It’s a two sided cape and she includes a selection of appliques. We opted for star and lightning strike for Master 3 and heart and star for Miss 5.


They love them.


1 comment:

  1. Yay for super heroes, such a fun game for the whole family, although our lounge is often the victim (our 4th is almost 8!!) Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by, I love to hear from you.