Thursday 27 October 2011

10 things you don’t really need to know about me

1.       I don’t wear a watch but am often (usually) late.
This is probably THE worst trait I have. I am not overly late, but 10-30 minutes is the norm. I do get the kids to school on time (just) and am generally on time or early for doc appointments etc., but if you are meeting me for a coffee or I am meeting people at the park, going to the gym or a class, I will be late. I don’t mean to be late, in fact I operate on the notion I will be early. I just always feel I can squeeze in just a little bit more before I go. Wearing a watch makes no difference except to add to any anxiety. I also like to get things done properly and thoroughly before I move to the next thing and don’t want time to dictate when a job is done.
2.       I don’t finish as many projects as I start
I love new projects and learning new things. I LOVE it. But sometimes day-to-day chores get in the way of this enthusiasm. Thus I start things, have grand plans, but don’t always finish them. There is the album of souvenirs and mementos I was going to put together when I came back from my trip to Europe in 1997. There are the 4 baby albums I need to do. I have all 4 albums. Ultrasounds, baby photos, etc. are collated but nothing has been stuck in. I hope to accomplish this before they turn 21 or leave home.
3.       I still like Sesame Street – love it.
I only stopped watching it because we moved house and school and at the new school I would come home too late to watch it. I love Jim Henson and if I ever to the US I would love to go on a tour of his studios.
4.       I have to eat chocolate if it is in the house – addiction.
I generally don’t open it, but if someone does open a block of chocolate or a pack of Tim Tams consider them already eaten.
5.       I have never seen any Star Wars movie or Jaws.
I am working on a list called “40 things to do before I am 40” and these movies are on the list. I have no reasonable explanation as to why I have never seen them so far.
6.       I once worked as the Easter Bunny, Goofy and Grumpy (from the Seven Dwarfs)
I used to do Jazz Ballet as a teenager and my dance school used to do a lot of the school holiday entertainment, so I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to be employed in this way. Very easily the best first job to have had. The Easter Bunny was a bit scary as I was on my own (my chaperone was sick) and I was attacked by a bunch of youths who stole all the chocolate eggs I was handing out and then dragged me by the arms around the shopping mall (I slipped and slid everywhere as there were taps on the giant feet I was wearing). Thankfully a shop keeper came to my rescue.
Me as Grumpy December 1988 (sorry for the bad quality)

7.       I am a hoarder
I wish I was a minimalist but I love stuff too much.
Hoarding example #1: Kinder surprise trinkets from 1997 - bought in Wales as we were about to board the ferry for Ireland.


Hoarding example #2: Souvenir given to me by my friend Natalie in 1985 from her trip to France.

8.       I have never had a manicure
I don’t really know why this is as I LOVE painted nails, I love painting my nails. I have had a pedicure and can’t wait to squeeze another one in as the hot days approach.
9.       I need more sleep but love going to bed late
I love that time late at night when everyone is asleep and there is no way anyone will call. You can be guaranteed of no disruptions. I can read, write, surf the net, go blog-manic, iron or just sit without disruption. I think this stems from childhood. My only sister left home while I was still young so I grew up very much an only child in the home. Lots of “me” time. Now we are a family of 6 so the household is very active and busy. Late nights are getting back in touch with my thoughts. (That’s my reasoning anyway)
10.   I am grey – completely
This is not a surprise to me. Both my parents greyed early. I only remember my dad with grey hair, and mum home-colouring her hair was a common thing. I am getting VERY grey now and am having trouble dealing with my roots. I recently home coloured a shade lighter than I normally do and ended up with orange roots and brown hair. I know, I know, I should have used the root touch up instead of doing the whole head. It will be a trip to the hairdressers soon so she can tidy me up a bit. (Long curly hair hides a lot of my mistakes).


So there you go. Some innocuous things about me. Thanks to Fat Mum Slim for passing the buck that was started by It Must Be Coffee Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by, I love to hear from you.