Tuesday 30 August 2011

Banana Muffins

These are a favourite in my household (I mean there are cheers and fist punching joy). When bananas were far less expensive and we used to have bunches of them we would sometimes have some overripe ones left over which were always great for this recipe. I could also find some overripe ones on sale at the fruit shop. With the Queensland floods banana prices have skyrocketed but here in Sydney they are finally getting below the $10 kilo mark. Hopefully this means things in Queensland are improving too. Consequently, I am able to come across some overripe bananas more often. I got this recipe from another mum at playgroup.
This is such a simple recipe – one bowl and hand mixing only. Also a great recipe to do with any little bakers you may have. I normally get 24 mini muffins and 6 regular muffins out of this recipe.

2 eggs hand beaten (I have also used the product “No Egg” with success for those allergic to egg)
3 bananas mashed
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup of raw sugar (or you can use 3 tblspns of honey)
½ cup olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
1 level tblspn of cinnamon
optional: 1 tblspn vanilla essence


Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a spoon. Put in a baking tray that has been oiled and floured (if using a muffin tray then just spray oil).
Bake at 160 degrees for 50 minutes for the baking tray or 20 minutes for the muffins.
Mini muffins: You don’t need muffin cases for the mini muffins, just oil the casings and add a teaspoon of the batter and bake for 15 minutes.

I wanted to take a final plated picture but they got eaten before I got a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by, I love to hear from you.