Friday 19 August 2011

Chocolate Crackles

When I was in primary school I was the only "wog" in most of the school. There was also an Indian girl and later a boy called Adrian who was second generation Polish. Anyway, my parents were the only ones with an accent. Now it wasn't all that bad, I did get farely regular sandwiches (yes, the vegemite was one centimetre thick - but she tried!). But it was on cupcake day I felt it the most. I loved the cupcakes, the toffees and the chocolate crackles. I never got these at home. We did have sweets (more along the baklava line) but never chocolate crackles.

Consequently, chocolate crackles are now a staple. I recently tried Donna Hay's recipe from her latest Kids Annual. It uses golden syrup instead of copha which I find so much more easy to use, especially when the kids are involved.

Ingredients
200g dark chocolate, chopped
100g butter
1/3 cup golden syrup
4 cups rice bubbles

Method
Place the dark chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring until melted. Place in a bowl together with the cereal and mix well together and all combined. Spoon into cupcake holders and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to set.


Yum Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by, I love to hear from you.